WHO WE ARE
The controller of this Site in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is:
- Crytek GmbH, Hugo-Junkers-Strasse 3, 60386 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, email@example.com
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In terms of Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR Personal data includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural, or social identity of that natural person.
Crytek collects data as follows when a user visit its Site we collect the following data which can be assessed at being personal data:
- Information about the web browser you’re using
- IP address
- Time zone
- Information on cookies/apps that are in use by your browser.
- Information on web products or pages that you view.
- Information regarding redirects/which website or search terms referred you to the Site.
Activity information, including online time, clickpaths, and how you interact with the Site. We refer to this information collectively as “Device information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Certain Device Information are necessary to access our Site. We also use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising/retargeting campaigns). We regard those interests as legitimate interest under Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR since it is in our and the interest of the visitors of our Site that this Site is safe.
When a user plays/installs the Game:
The Game uses for PC an Anti-Tamper-Software provided by Denuvo (“Denuvo Software”). The Denuvo Software checks whether the Game was legitimately acquired and licensed and is not corrupted. In order to perform the check the following data will be processed by Denuvo:
- User ID
- IP address
- Access Date
- Country code or IP address
- Name of the disc drive
- Language of the OS
The foregoing personal data will processed only for described purpose and protected against any access by any third parties. It will be stored as long as the Game is protected by the Denuvo Software by Denuvo GmbH, Strubergasse 26, 5020 Salzburg, Austria and it is stored on servers located only in the European Union. Please note that if you exercise your rights to object, restrict the processing of your personal data or your request a deletion you will not be able to install/play the Game. The legal basis for the processing is Art (1) lit. f GDPR. The processing is strictly limited to personal data which is not directly identifiable and Crytek has a high interest to protect its intellectual property.
For processing business inquiries and feedback
Users can enter information such as Name, Email, Phone in the contact form. Such information is used to process the respective inquiry and to get in contact with you. The legal basis hereto is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR since you consent to such processing by submitting you request/message.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION / Web Analytics
If you have given your consent, this website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google LLC. The responsible service provider in the EU is Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland ("Google").
Scope of processing
During your website visit the following data will be collected:
- the pages you call up, your "click behaviour“
- Achievement of "website goals" (conversions, e.g. newsletter registrations, downloads, purchases)
- Your user behavior (for example clicks, dwell time, bounce rates)
- Your approximate location (region)
- Your IP address (in abbreviated form)
- technical information about your browser and the end devices you use (e.g. language settings, screen resolution)
- Your internet provider
- the referrer URL (via which website/advertising medium you came to this website)
Purposes of processing
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your pseudonymous use of the website and to compile reports on website activity. The reports provided by Google Analytics serve to analyse the performance of our website and the success of our marketing campaigns.
The data recipient is
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland
as data processor. For this purpose we have concluded a contract with Google. Google LLC, headquartered in California, USA, and, if applicable, US authorities can access the data stored at Google.
Transfer to third countries
A transfer of data to the USA cannot be excluded.
Duration of storage
The data sent by us and linked to cookies is automatically deleted after 14 months. Data is automatically deleted once a month as soon as the storage period is reached.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the WebSite (including your IP address) to Google and the processing of this data by Google by
- a. not giving your consent to the setting of the cookie or
- b. downloading and installing the browser add-on to disable Google Analytics HERE.
By setting your browser software accordingly you can also prevent the storage of cookies. If your browser is set to refuse all cookies, the functionality of this and other websites may be limited.
Legal basis and right of withdrawal
Your consent is the legal basis for this data processing, Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR . You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future by changing your selection in the cookie settings.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below and in your cookie preferences:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
At any time you have the right to:
- Request a copy of the data we have stored for your person, for the receiver or category of receivers of your transmitted personal for the purpose of storing.
- Request that your data be deleted or corrected, in the case that you have changed your mind or the data is incorrect (as far as possible according to applicable law).
- Object to the further processing or demand a restriction concerning the processing of your personal data
- Request to port your personal data.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
PLEASE NOTE: If you object, restrict, or otherwise refuse the processing of your personal data mentioned above and/or ask us for a deletion, you might not be able to continue to use our services.
You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted or transmit the data to another controller. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information below.
As a European resident, you also have the right to complain to the competent data protection authorities.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
All user data is stored on secure servers protected by firewalls and antivirus software. We have implemented technical and organizational measures intended to protect the security and confidentiality of your Data against any accidental loss and any unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure.
WHERE DO WE STORE PERSONAL DATA
Unless otherwise described on the Site our services are hosted by our hosting provider (LeaseWeb Deutschland GmbH, Kleyerstraße 75-87, 60326 Frankfurt am Main- https://www.leaseweb.com/legal. Any service providers that come in contact with your personal data are required to comply with the same relevant data protection regulations. Upon request we may provide copies of relevant contract unless it is prohibited by contractual obligations and/or applicable law.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: Data Protection Officer Crytek GmbH, Hugo-Junkers-Strasse 3, 60386 Frankfurt am Main, Germany email@example.com.